Friday, February 6, 2009

Dinner for my parents!

Finally, I have a camera to take pictures; might not be the best, but you get the point!

So my parents came to vist my husband and I yesterday; I love it when they visit. They live in Virgina and my husband and I live in North Carolina. They were on their way to Florida so they stopped over night to break up the trip since we are the best Bed & Breakfast they have ever been to! Their words not mine. =) Whenever they come to visit I always make them italian stuffed shells. The first time they came to visit a couple of years ago I made this meal and they loved it, so now you could say it is a tradition that I make it every time they visit. I served it with garlic bread and a side salad. Enjoy!




Italian Stuffed Shells

1 pound ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cups hot water
1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 cups (16 ounces) cottage cheese
2 cups shredded part-skim mozarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg beaten
24 jumbo shell noodles, cooked and drained

In a large skillet , cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain well. Stir in water, tomato paste, bouillon and oregano; simmer, uncovered, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile in a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, 1 cup mozarella, Parmesan cheese, and egg; mix well.

Stuff shells with cheese mixture; arrange in a 13 in. x 9 in. x 2 in. baking dish. Pour meat sauce over shells. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment